24 Jun 2017

Tast a la Rambla 2017 - Massimo Pignata, Delacrem

The ones who have read me before will know I adore, when there is a gastronomical event, eating and going to masterclasses or showcookings.

And in this year's "Tast a la Rambla" I had the chance of listening to an artist of ice-cream: Massimo Pignata from Delacrem.


During the speech, he shown his interest in ice-cream is quality. But wilth a little bit of innovation. Innovating without offering quality products or using no quality ingredients is something does not match Massimo Pignata. 


He talked about his wheel: a concept where the middle is for flavours available all year long and on the sides there are the flavours that change with seasons or months. At Delacrem, ingredients are used in their best season, for having the best of them.


We tasted two surprising ice-cream flavours:

Fisrt one was of bread with oil and salt. From a traditional snack in Catalonia, Massimo Pignata made a delicious ice-cream. I wondered it combinated with chocolate ice-cream...


The second one was a smoked black sesame seed ice-cream. Although I thought I would find burned wood flavour, that ice-cream had a delicate sesame seed flavour and a fragile creaminess. I liked it, although it was the most shocking ice-cream flavour I experienced.


No comments:

Post a Comment