2 Apr 2018

Carpe Birrem 2018 - Calella

This year's Easter brought to Calella another Carpe Birrem edition, an itinerant craft beer fest. As usual in this kind of fests, the ones who like craft beer had the chance of tasting, specially, the ones from local breweries.




First of all, I tasted the IPA Julián Gorospe (by Catalan Brewery), with high presence of hops, as it is logic in this kind of beers. Flowers and fruit scented, it has a taste whith a note of lychee.



Later, I tasted a Pale Ale by Popaire. It has sweet notes, to candy.



At last, it came a Blonde from Popaire. Fresh, with cereal and nuts flavour: I found sunflower seeds taste. 



And, for pairing beer, nothing better than food. A handful of foodtrucks allowed to choose what to eat. 














My choice were extraordinary Argentinian "empanadas" from Magoya. I never experienced such juicy and filled "empanadas". With two of them (one of tuna and another of beef) I had enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment